Sunday, June 28, 2015

Personal Journal Day 7 (5/24)

Entry 1

Today was relatively uneventful.  I almost went to the Pentecostal Mass this morning (the one where they drop rose petals from the oculus of the Pantheon), but I wasn't feeling well and didn't want to make it worse.  So I stayed in bed.  I was honestly a bit out of it for most of the day.  I found my way over to the Spanish Steps to hear Mariana's presentation on them, which was good.  It is a very tall and impressive staircase, though I would prefer to see it less packed with people, but I doubt it ever is.  We then moved on to the Horologium of Augustus, a great obelisk that functioned as some sort of sundial or meridian marker.  We also saw the Column of Marcus Aurelius, which was inspired by the Column of Trajan.  After hearing some presentations on those and on two of Sarah's talking statues, we walked over to the Largo Argentina.  Emily gave a really good presentation on the republican temples in it, and I enjoyed how it is now a cat shelter.  We could even see some of the cats walking among the ruins.  I then took a nap when we got back to St. John's.  I got up to go to dinner at a pizzeria and had a great time with some friends.  Kristen makes the most amazing expressions.  We then got some gelato and went back.  I'm pretty tired now.

No comments:

Post a Comment